Manners n More
Small, Group Classes held outdoors:
For : Puppies under 20 weeks
Ongoing puppy group Sundays at 9:00 am
November and December 2022
For : Young Dogs 5 months and older
January 8, 2023
There are 6 weekly classes , approx. 1 hour each
Puppy classes include :
The Puppy Manners is a series of 6 classes designed for puppies under 20 weeks of age. When your puppy is older, they can transfer into the adolescent / young adult classes.
- Correct Socialization
- Appropriate place with people and with other dogs
- Attention & Involvement
- Mat Work / Settle
- Walking on a loose leash
- Leave it / Drop it / what's the difference
- Sit/ Down / Targets
Understand solutions for your behavior concerns such as :
- Housetraining questions of all kinds
- Nipping / biting and how to build a softer mouth and good bite inhibition
- Play / games that build bonds
- Preventing separation distress
- Enrichment / meaningful activity
- Socialization / with dogs / with people /
- Shaping and Influencing Behavior
- What dogs need in order to learn
- Greeting people and dogs appropriately
- Impulse control exercises – Wait, Leave It, Stop
- Socializing exercises and Hit List!
- Stationary games with Sit, Down and did you say 'STAY'?!
5 months and older
Young Dogs who have a little more experience also require opportunities to socialize and rehearse with a supportive group. Their class is geared toward learning new behaviors while generalizing and proofing the skills they learned in Puppy Class.
- For Canine Spirit's Students